Friday, December 17, 2010

Friend Friday #19: Holiday party attire

we heart it

Can you believe it's only a week until Christmas Eve?! I love to feel the excitement that is palpable in the air at this time of year. Christmas music fills the air as you shop for last minute presents, Christmas films dominate the television schedules and, of course, Christmas party invitations have been filling your inbox from the beginning of November. The holiday season is the time for parties - despite it being far from the right weather to be tottering out in tiny dresses, bare legs and killer heels! Naturally, as fashion bloggers we are very concerned with holiday party attire:


1. Which holiday party are you looking forward to attending this year?

Every year I look forward to having a few drinks with old friends on Christmas Eve. To be honest, in the run up to Christmas most holiday parties are more hassle than fun for me. When it's cold outside, all I want to do after a long day in the office is curl up on my sofa and watch Christmas films whilst writing Christmas cards and wrapping presents for loved ones. But come Christmas Eve, everything is done and it really feels like Christmas. My sister, dad and I always go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve so a trip to the local pub beforehand keeps me warm in the cold church later!! It is also the one time each year that I catch up with old school friends who are also home for the holidays.

2. What is your go-to holiday party outfit?

Last Christmas I found the perfect holiday party dress in Dorothy Perkins which is my go-to for this year. You can see it here as I wore it for New Year's Eve last year. The long sleeves make it perfect for the time of year while the sparkle makes it the perfect party dress!

3. Do you go dressed in something that would be impractical to wear at any other time of the year?

I guess I wouldn't wear this dress at any other time of year as glitter isn't really my thing. But as for dressing up in cheeky Santa outfits or anything like that - I think I did enough of that as a student!

4. If you are going to a house-party what gift will you bring to the host/hostess?

A bottle of mulled wine always goes down well at this time of year for a house-party but I also like to grab a small bouquet of flowers as they are a little unexpected and I think everyone loves having fresh flowers in their house (I know I do!) but don't always buy them for themselves. Last year I also took some chocolate Christmas tree baubles to a friend's party, as I thought it was a little different.

5. If you could buy only one trendy piece to update your holiday party wardrobe, what would you get this year?

Actually there is something that I am kind of wishing I had a little extra cash to splash out on at the moment: a very fabulous cocktail ring, like these Yves Saint Laurent ones. Maybe I'll get some money from someone for Christmas and will be able to treat myself...?!


As always, remember to check out the other responses to these questions and to join in the conversation by visiting Katy's blog, Modly Chic. You can find out how to get involved in the Friend Friday discussions each week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment