Monday, December 13, 2010

ADVENT CALENDAR: DAY 14



Behind the second door of my virtual advent calendar is:



Haleigh of Bardot in Blue. Haleigh is an American blogger located in Paris. How jealous am I?! She recently wrote about her adopted home city for me here. Haleigh's blog is always filled with wonderful whimsical photos of the city which make you long to be back there too. Her outfits too are always a dream. Check out her current photos of Paris in the snow.

Without further ado, here is what I asked Haleigh:


How long have you been blogging and why did you first start?

I have been blogging 10 months. I started blogging because I feel very lucky to live in the city of Paris. Things are better when they are shared and I wanted to share my perspective of this very loved city with everyone else, including the way it inspired my personal style and fashion. I also really love taking pictures to it was a great outlet for sharing with lots of other people. I am so thankful for all the wonderful people I have met, readers, other bloggers, small business owners etc. that I have met through the blogosphere!

What inspires you?

I read as many other blogs as I can, so I am very inspired by other people who are blogging. Paris, my home now, is one of the most inspirational things to me, which is why I chose to live here. Overall I am inspired by the good things in life, like delicious food, friends and family, beautiful clothes, travelling, and more. There is beauty and magic all around us and I try to look closer, find those things, and let them inspire me.

What do you get up to when you’re not blogging?

When I am not blogging I work full time in marketing and advertising, specifically digital community management for branded communities, as well as brand strategy and identity consulting....*YAWN* However what I really love to do is spend time with my friends, go out dancing, cook and bake, shop the vintage stores, decorate my apartment, and go for walks around Paris and discover and rediscover things. If I am lucky I take some time to travel on the weekends!

What three things are top of your Christmas list this year?

Ooo the simple things! Time to spend with my family, rest and relaxation at home, and in my wildest dreams...a puppy!

Christmas is all about family and traditions, what traditions do you have for Christmas?

In my family we always have a large southern Christmas breakfast where everyone chips in. We usually go for a drive on Christmas eve to check out the best neighbourhoods for Christmas lights, and I usually get a really nice back rub from my aunt!


Thank you so much Haleigh for answering my questions. Remember to visit Haleigh's blog and to come back again tomorrow to see who is behind the next virtual door!

No comments:

Post a Comment