Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ADVENT CALENDAR: DAY 22


With just three days left for this advent series, behind door 22 is:




Emily of Fashion Foie Gras. FFG is officially your one stop blog for all the very latest fashion and style news. If you don't read Fashion Foie Gras, you cannot hope to be in the know. Updated throughout the day, you will find all of the latest lust-haves, Outfit du Jour and much much more. Emily was very kind to take some time out from her busying blogging schedule to tell us a little about her Christmas traditions and what she gets up to when she's not blogging:


How long have you been blogging and why did you first start?

I've been blogging for just over a year now. I started because I love clothes and style. It's really as pure and simple as that. The blog started more as a diary that I could keep for myself with images and memories and it turned into a full blown fashion news site that now provides a whole new motivation for me.

What inspires you?

So much inspires me and it changes daily. I am greatly inspired by my mother who has given me every shred of style wisdom I have. I'm inspired by people who want to do good things for the world and I love the opportunities I have to publicize that on the blog when I can. I'm inspired by my own ability to get three hours sleep and still have the strength to work and write everyday, haha.

What do you get up to when you’re not blogging?

If I'm not blogging it's because I'm on an airplane. That's the only reason I have for not being engaged online. I am an American gal in London so I get back to the USA whenever I can. Travel is a big part of my life. But I don't think I ever turn the blogger in me off. I'm always looking around wondering if I can write about this or that. I carry a notebook everywhere to write things down because they come to me at the absolute worst times - must be prepared!

What three things are top of your Christmas list this year?

An iPad (I'm told I'm way behind the times because I don't have one yet), a Ralph Lauren Ricky Bag and a Cableknit cashmere blanket (I'm obsessed).

Christmas is all about family and traditions, what traditions do you have for Christmas?

Our biggest and most cherished tradition is being together. I come from a big family and we are all scattered around the globe. During the holidays when you can all be in the same room, it's a big deal. The presents don't matter, the food and alcohol help, but it's really just being able to hug your mom and dad that mean the most to me and will be a tradition I keep around forever. It's all about family.


Thank you Emily for answering my questions. Remember to check out Emily's blog and to call back tomorrow for the penultimate blogger of this series. See the other bloggers featured here.

No comments:

Post a Comment