Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ADVENT CALENDAR: DAY 23


Tomorrow is Christmas Eve folks!! Can you feel the excitement?

Behind today's virtual door is:


Leia of Leia's Delights. Leia used to blog over at HiFashion (more on that from her below) but she started her own blog earlier this year and it is one of my daily must-reads. Leia's Delights is filled with outfit photos, nail art, recipes and much much more. Make sure to check it out, after you have read Leia's answers to my questions:


How long have you been blogging and why did you first start?

I first started blogging in January 2009 with my friend Sherin. We started a blog called HiFashion. We had both been reading College Fashion after I found a link to it on Sherin's Facebook, and we sent her a guest post. She was too busy to post our article, so she suggested we start our own blog, so we did! At the end of May 2010 I decided to start my own blog, Leia's Delights, because I wanted to branch out of solely fashion-related posts and make blogging a bit more personal.

What inspires you?

So many things! Unlike high-profile fashion bloggers, I wouldn't say my main inspiration comes from the runway (although sometimes I try out things I've seen styled in designer collections). I'm usually inspired by the weather, nature, bloggers... anything I see. But mostly I think I'm inspired by clothes themselves - every season I pick two or three favorite hues (e.g. pastels), textures (e.g. lace, sequins), and shapes (e.g. high-waisted, maxi) and try to let the clothes speak for themselves.

What do you get up to when you’re not blogging?

I can't stand 'doing nothing' - even though I've just finished my studies and I don't have a full-time job yet, I fill my days with plenty of activities to keep me from getting bored. Soon I'm going to be helping my brother out with the social media aspect of his web development company, but I also love playing piano, reading (fiction and, er, political analysis), doing yoga, baking, and traveling.

What three things are top of your Christmas list this year?

Would you believe that my family doesn't actually celebrate Christmas?! It's just not in our tradition. But if I could have anything I wanted this Christmas, I'd ask for:

1. A donation to an animal rights charity. At this time of year, there are lots of animals who lose their lives - turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and goats and cows for Eid - and as a vegetarian, this is very upsetting for me!
2. A thought given to those who are in need - you could spend time at a soup kitchen, donate unwanted clothes and toys, or raise money for a local homeless shelter. There are so many people who could do with a helping hand, and those of us who are more privileged should really do our best to help them.
3. Oh, and I'd also love a Chanel handbag. Teehee.


There only one more door left to open on the virtual advent calender, so make sure you come back tomorrow to find out who is behind it. If you've missed any of the last 10 days, you can find them here.

Don't forget to go and check out Leia's blog now.

No comments:

Post a Comment