Wednesday, April 6, 2011

GUEST POST: STYLE ICON: Emily Henderson

Over the past few months I’ve made a call for submissions for the Style Icon series. It’s funny, but I have my particular style icons, who influence my decisions on what I wear every day but there are so many more style icons whose style and poise continue to impress upon me their right to be included too. I love to discover other people’s style icons, sometimes people I’d never have thought of, or haven’t even heard of in some cases!

When Emily of Simple Subtle Style contacted me and asked if she could submit a post about her style icon, Emily Henderson, how could I say no? As an Emily too, it all seemed pretty much fate that another Emily should ask to write about a third Emily!

Emily – the blogger, of Simple Subtle Style – is a girl after my own heart: she tells us that “Simplicity is more fashionable to me” and that “Overpaying is never fashionable. Real style doesn’t have a price tag. Thank goodness because otherwise, my bank account would not survive in this game.”

But enough of this Emily’s ramblings (that’s me!!), I’ll pass over to Emily (the other blogger) to tell us about her style icon, Emily:

Thanks to Emily for allowing me (Emily) to share my Style Icon, Emily Henderson!



Emily Henderson first came to fame as the winner of the 5th season of HGTV’s Design Star and is now the host of her own interior design show, Secrets of a Stylist. Her great taste shines in her home décor but also in her wardrobe.


Emily is my style icon because her outfits look great while still being simple and comfortable enough to wear every day. Most celebrity trend-setters are often too flashy or impractical and I can’t incorporate their style into my daily routines.


Emily wears a lot of comfortable jeans but really makes her outfits stand out by using various prints:

Source

Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment