Thursday, January 27, 2011

Friend Friday #25: Blogger mechanics


we heart it

Ever wonder how your favourite blogger gets the shots she/he does, which camera they use to get them, which computer they sit behind as they type? I devour posts like this one on IFB which offers tips for taking better photos of yourself, or reviews of the hottest smartphone for blogging. This week's Friend Friday is a window on the mechanics of blogging and the technology we use, so go on, be as noisy as you like and go check out everyone else's responses (I know I can't wait to!) - just wait till after you've read mine!


1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video camera, tripod, etc...)

When I started blogging I had the oldest and slowest laptop that I'd had for years! It eventually died and I now have a speedy and small netbook. I chose an Asus EeePC and I love it. It fits easily in my bag and has a loooooong battery life. It might not be so long compared to the newest ones (as it is now over a year old) but it is very very long compared to my old laptop that had a battery life of approximately 5 minutes!! I kid you not. For my photos, I use a secondhand Nikon D60. I found it in a little independent camera store - called Cameraland - and used my birthday money last year to buy it. When I got it home the screen wasn't working right so they sent the camera back off to Nikon and it was given a complete make-over. So I basically ended up paying peanuts for what is effectively a brand new camera! I love it. An SLR is perfect for (nearly) always getting the right shot but it can be a little bulky too. So I am currently on the lookout for a compact camera that I can pop in my bag for those I-wish-I-had-my-camera moments!

Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment