Monday, January 31, 2011

Fashion Mags vs Fashion Blogs: Do fashion blogs pose a threat to fashion magazines?

we heart it

I had been musing over my next Fashion Mags vs Fashion Blogs post for a little while, as I didn't want to just write for the sake of it. I knew eventually something would happen to inspire me. And so it has:

Last week, Franca Sozzani - the editor of Vogue Italia - chose to publish her views on fashion blogs and their bloggers on her blog.

The opening paragraph hints a little at an underlying jealousy that some bloggers are being treated the same – or better, even – than established editors of established publications:

“Why are they so credited? Why do they sit in front row? Why does the Chamber of Italian Fashion thinks so highly of them, so much as to provide them with a driver during the shows as it's happened during menswear?”

Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment