Saturday, November 27, 2010

Something For The Weekend: fireside fancies

we heart it

As the evening's draw in and the weather gets colder and greyer, all I want to spend my time doing is tucked up in a blanket, watching feel good films with a mug of something hot (and preferably alcoholic!). It is probably no real surprise then that this week I've been mostly finding myself reading posts about how to avoid the blogging blues and how to make my blog better. If you need some help to stop losing your blogging mojo too, check out these helpful posts: Problogger's Ten Tips For Writing A Blog Post; Vogue Mornings' How Not To Lose Motivation When Blogging; and Tickle Me Chic's Get Rid of Those Blogging Blues.

I decided to update my "look" this week by dying my hair, taking inspiration from Cheryl Cole's new hair colour:

Source

I chose L'Oréal's Casting Crème Gloss in Black Cherry. It's not quite as red as Cheryl's but that suits me as I'm not sure how such a bright red might have gone down at work. It is a nice warmer colour for the Christmas party season and I love how Casting Crème Gloss always leaves my hair so shiny (I can't stop running my fingers through it!). Have you tried it?

As the temperature continues to drop and the UK wakes to a blanket of snow this weekend, remember to check out my Christmas Wish List, which this week features some lovely faux fur treats from Asos where delivery is FREE everywhere in the world before Christmas. AND they are currently offering 20% off all Asos-own-brand with the code ASOS20 until Monday (29 November). So what are you waiting for? Go get warmed up!

Despite of my hair dying, I have been in the habit of covering my head this week. Taking inspiration from this lot:

Sources: Face Hunter; The Sartorialist; and Garance Doré

This week, I have been learning "How to be Chic" and have begun moisturising every day. Yes, every morning I make sure to moisturise my legs, my arms, my décolletage, my feet, my hands and my face. If I have time, I moisturise my torse too! I use either Jergens Naturals Body Moisturiser or The Body Shop's Shea Body Butter. I am hoping that this will soon become a daily ritual that I can't live without...

My Italian, as I discovered this summer, is more than a little bit rusty, so I have been attempting to brush it off a little by reading the fabulous and bi-lingual fashion blog: The Blog of Brunette.

I am preparing to spend the weekend with my family and by that, I mean that I will be at the hosptial where my grandmother currently is with all of her (my) family around her - I just hope she can feel all of that love surrounding her. So if I am a little slow visiting your blogs and commenting, please forgive me.

How about you? How will you be spending your winter wonderland weekends?

Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment