Thursday, March 8, 2007

Suzy Peaches' Fruit Basket (Issue #4)

As Blogger was acting up yesterday, thepost has been post-poned. However just an announcement that International Women's Day was yesterday and hope you were aware. I bring you Suzy Peaches' fourth issue on Naija to the Core.

Singleton Street

Hello my lovely readers – I trust you are all well. Today I’ve decided to entertain you by way of a story titled “Singleton Street”. I feel the best way to describe my predicament is by location as opposed to situation.

Today I denounce by position of Social Secretary of the Singleton Street Residence Association and vacate my office for a younger more suitable candidate. I make this assertion because I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of being single. I am trapped between these two schools of thought – the first being “God is in control” and the second – “what are you doing to make that change/transition”. To avoid sounding too monolithic I will proceed with my emblematic accolade.

I must admit that when I moved into this one bedroom self contained 1st floor flat at 1 singleton street it was only for a sort while. My initial tenancy agreement was for 6 months – just while I got my act together and settled into university life. I had planned to find something abit more suitable and spacious preferably with a newly installed kitchen and a well-kept garden. But 3 years on – I am beginning to wonder why relocation has proved difficult. During my stay serving on the association I have had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with an assortment of residents. Many of which moved out but returned and some of which like me tried to sell up but to no avail. As the Social Sec I organise a variety of activities and functions – the most popular being the Pity Party (need I say more).

However I am beginning to feel dissatisfied with my present abode. I too want to change status and be counted amount my counterparts living in Coupleville. The question here is how do I go about doing this? How do I land myself a hot new property that daily appreciates in value? I sought to find the answer vide a variety of means including literature and mentoring some of which I would share with you know.

First of all you need to devise a plan – write your vision and make it plain. What are you looking for? If you cant truthfully answer that then at least seek to identify what you definitely don’t want. Make a clear distinction between the MUSTs and the MAYs. What must it have or in my case what must it not have – and what may it have and what may it not have.

Let us abandon the analogy for a moment and get serious – I’ll complete the story at a later date if you ask nicely . . . . But for next week’s entry I need your help. Copy and paste this grid below into the comment box and leave me your responses – it would help me with my research into this area and may help you too in finding, offering, accepting and closing a lucrative property proposal.

*****Delete as applicable: And please lets be honest with ourselves – I know we can work through this together.


Grid*****

1. Are you resentful that you are single? Y N

2. Are you trying to fix the fact that you are single? Y N

3. Are you embarrassed that you are single? Y N

4. Have you been tempted to resort to clubbing,
Partying, etc. to meet other people in the hope for finding your
Husband or Wife? Y N

5. Are you anxious and agitated about being single? Y N

6. Does pressure from others about getting married make you
Anxious? Y N

7. Are you tolerating single hood and can not wait for it to end? Y N


8. Do you go on dates because of fear of singleness? Y N


9. Are you afraid of marriage because your parents divorced? Y N

10. Do you find yourself complaining about the fact that you are single
often? Y N

No comments:

Post a Comment