Thursday, May 10, 2007

Suzy Peaches


It seems she is simultaneously trying to make a comeback as I am making mine. Well, she beat me to it so we have a post. However, I'd like to point out that for someone who has been M.I.A longer than me, she really insisted I uploaded her post ASAP and asked me not to slay her off in my commentary.

Now why would I do that? When I have you guys hehehe. I bring you her 8th issue.


Is Love an Emotion or a Decision?



Hello my lovely Readers,
I trust you are well. I’m going to refrain from doing the usual “I’m so sorry I haven’t been in blogging because I’ve been really busy” bewail and go straight to the point.

Today’s title was inspired by a conversation I had two days ago. Just to summarise – We were conversing about typical male/female stereotypes. E.g. Nigerian women believing that all men cheat and go into relationships with so much distrust which leaves men with no choice but to live up to their expectation to cheating - blah blah blah.

Then this scenario was brought to the table- “If you had 3 suitors you really liked how would you decide on which one to pick? What would you consider?

I explained that my approach would be to write a list of my musts & mays (see Singleton Street for more details). And also key attributes and then whittle them down. Reasoning: How can you make a decision on a potential life partner without careful and thorough consideration – hmmm!


To defend the above statement I said “It depends on how you look at it. I think with my head and not my heart. Because I feel it is easier to bring your head into alignment with your heart than the other way round.”

And then the question was raised is love a decision or an emotion?
Argument ensued . . . no it isn’t – yes it is . . . With a bit more words but that was the general gist.

Since then I’ve been mulling over the question and I’m hoping you could help too. I think it’s a decision - Am I too rational when it comes to matters of the heart? Or can this approach really work? But more particularly I’m asking you today - Is love an emotion or a decision?


I really do believe that you choose to love who you want – and even though it may have started as a heart thing you daily need to reinforce or should I say remind yourself of why you are in that relationship. If the later is true then am I vindicated on my Decision thesis? If you decide to love someone can’t you decide not to? ***Please Advise.***

No comments:

Post a Comment