Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Nigeria: A Major Buffer Zone

Hahah you guys must think I'm full of phonetics huh...buffer zone abi? Hehehehe, okay it all started when a fellow blogger and I were reading a couple of posts and I realised, Nigeria has a lot to do with crews, demarcations, Classism (I don't know if that is a word but you know what that means - Class discrimination) so I entered "demarcation" in the Thesaurus and got a whole load of results, hence the word 'Buffer Zone' - I quite like that one.



Anyway, so Nigeria, like a lot of other societies, is very Classist but in Nigeria it is definitely made worse and very in each others' faces.



Take Taureanminx's post on Lagos Crews for instance, where in Lagos there are different crews and bla bla. The funny thing is that just like in Lagos, or wherever in Gidi, there are crews with the Asians, Jews, Western Europeans, Eastern Europeans, and Americans in LA for instance. But Naijanaz highlighted that why it is distinct in Nigeria is because we are Naija and there is no middle class. "There is a differentiation between the Rich, the Really Rich and then the others". Sad innit?



How about Ayoke's blog about Minnie, Mickey and Barbie classes in a school in Nigeria? That is absolutely ridiculous but we are guessing it is the parents of those children who wanted their kids in Minnie/Mickey classes and asked for them to be created, so we can all know which children's parents have names by the classroom they are in. Losers. We are very fickle sha.

Anyways, I cant say I have a solution or want to criticise because we are all in this whole Buffer zone shizniz when we say euuggh - I went to this secondary school compared to that secondary school or where we hear ourselves saying things like "JAND IS A LEVELLER" LOL! God help us sha.

Speaking of Demarcations, who remembers Alayescoro with his amazing blogs on Janded guys and girls? Anyways he has something very funny on The Dichotomy of Naija. Stuff like:

Income - Legit and Illegit
Babes - Prepaid and Postpaid
Football fans - Those who support the villains and all the others who don't
Universities - Ife and the rest (yea right!)

It's quite funny sha...I might start my own soon when I have time but check it out on his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment