Monday, August 14, 2006

Girls on Boys


Some might remember my Boys on Girls post about two months ago. Like I said, I wasn't gonna stop there - I now bring you the unadulterated version of my part 2. First off, I'd like to share a cool site called Baggage Reclaim For Women - it's a supposed guide to dating, single living, relationships and of course, man-taming. The Editor says --

"Baggagereclaim is a tongue-in-cheek guide for women created to discuss the complexities of being a woman, the choices that they make and the dodgy men that add to their load. It aims to bring a fresh, healthy mix of humorous and serious content which reflects the gritty view of the world and avoids being bland and homogenous.This site also aims to appeal to men who are looking to find out more about what is making women tick and male writers do their best to give an insight into the workings of the male brain."

They recommended other sites like:

Now, to my actual Girls on Boys gist - what is the yardstick for matrimony?

After reading Kush-Kush's blog, I remembered where someone asked me recently if I knew any guy - a UK Citizen willing to marry a girl so she could get papers and she was willing to pay about £5k. I also have a friend who is looking to get married to her so-called boyfriend (even though he has a steady girlfriend) so she can get papers. In this day and age, are such things still a surprise?

Looking at this from another perspective, different girls have different reasons why they can't marry guys e.g. The H-factor, some may consider what type of shoes he wears first, does he have a car or is he no less than 6 years older than them? And believe me I've seen some extremes. Does it pay to be picky? Or like I mentioned above, is marriage taken so lightly now that anything (or any sh*t) goes so long as you are getting what you want in other aspects?

First picture from vixentales.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment