Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Profile: The Smarteez ( Jozi Street Fashion Kings)

"They brown on the inside and colorful on the surface”, this group of designers are labeled the street kings of Jozi’s fashion scene. But the problem is, is what they are doing really classified as fashion?

I’m not going to hate, but personally I think it is a slap in the face for those who have work hard to build our countries fashion rep! Who’s going to take us seriously, if we give credit to such “behavior”?

“It is wearable art”, says Sibu (founding member), at the Nike Be True Fashion Show.

I do not want to contradict to my comment on the group, but I must say, The Smarteez is a breath of fresh air in the industry, nevertheless how long will they last?

What is your take on this? Comment on The Purr Shout out Box!


No comments:

Post a Comment