Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tis The Season To Be Sorry!



I started writing this on the 1st of January but could not complete it that day couldn't find the time to sit for an hour to blog so saved it. Bloggers and their excuses - anyway I'm back! I'm sure you all agree I deserved that holiday. Exactly a month - wow!

Happy New Year to all - may this be your year of good things/your calling and purposefulness and unmerited favour. May you all find what you are looking for as long as it in line with God's will - AMEN.


As usual, the festive season is always packed with loads of events in Naija. I mentioned a few before I went on my blogger sabbatical. Nigeria saw the likes of Lil Kim, Kanye, Akon (for the millionth time) and many more. There were several other events I did not have time to mention and I will talk about them briefly - as per usual. Once again - a happy new year to all and hope you enjoyed your holidays.


Round-up of Events:

i) Starville concert (15th Dec)





The Starville concert @ the ThisDay Center rocked! It featured Lil Kim, Amerie, D'Banj, Naeto C, Weird MC, Banky Wellington, Brick and Lace (with their single "Love is Wicked" - Naija hit) and a few others. Some pics below (click to enlarge):





LIL' WAYNE UNFORTUNATELY COULDN'T MAKE IT :(



ii) Star Mega Jam (14th Dec)



The star mega jam apparently went down well on the 14th of December. Didn't hear much about that other than that they made T-Pain and Kanye say Shine Shine Bobo! That would have been a laugh and a half.



iii) Rhythm Unplugged (21st Dec)


This was held at Federal Palace and apparently did not start early - So, What's New?

Apparently Basketmouth's jokes were so dry and out-dated that he got Boo'd. OUCH! A Champ is humbled. More info about this at
Chakam's Corner



I hope his event at Fantasyland (The Good, The Bad, The Ugly) on Christmas day turned out to be a lot better than what he went through at Rhythm Unplugged. Generally, I think the show turned out okay - from what I heard.

iv) Akon in Lagos


Akon returned to Naija (for the millionth time) for yet another concert performing alongside the likes of Tuface, Olu Maintain and D'banj. That guy needs to go and perform in Senegal jare - we've had too much of him here (hehe). No review on that but if anyone went for it, give us a shout.


v) Sasha - Album Release



The first lady has finally released her album and even had an album release party on Thursday the 20th of December at Bacchus (which I heard was packed). She has a hit single on the album "Adara"


If you are nice and leave a comment, I will feature two singles for grabs in my next post - (Love is wicked and Adara). So I want to see how many comments I will get on this post (hehehe)

I'll update you more later. For now, those in Lagos can now enjoy live stage drama every Sunday at Terra Kulture (see Laspapi's blog). I think that is fantastic! See below:





Have a good week! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment